|With over 6 years of high-quality proofreading and copyediting experience, I am a strong editor, and I am looking for the best place to put my talent to use. I thrive in fast-paced environments where I have consistently met deadlines for all projects while still maintaining the utmost quality of work. While my educational background focused primarily on editing and proofreading, my skills are diverse, including a strong attention to detail and great customer service. My ability to adapt to changes and communicate effectively has served me well in past editing situations, as it will continue to do so. I look forward to bringing my talents to a proofreading and copyediting position and growing with the company.
Freelance Editor, Fiction
- Beta Reading/Editing 2005 to Present
- Edited spelling, grammar, and stylistic mechanics.
- Utilized many methods of marking changes in order to best meet client’s needs, including Microsoft Word’s Track Changes, hand-editing with a stylus and PDF, and Google Docs.
- Used standard proofreading marks for consistency.
- Provided feedback on structure of the story as well as on plot holes.
- Offered stylistic changes and pacing advice.
- Performed in-depth fact-checking for works where necessary.
- Created a basic style guide for each author in order to maintain consistency in voice and style.
Web Design, Content Creator
- www.lguldbrandsen.com — launched 2009
- Designed and implemented a website and content management system based on WordPress.
- Ensured a clear and concise message via strong editing and stylistic choices.
- Maintain a regular blog with 90 regular readers on LiveJournal.
Bachelor of Applied Communications
Grant MacEwan University May, 2011
Related Coursework: Advanced Proofreading & Copyediting, Book Editing, Professional Prose, Publishing Prose, Project Lead, Writing for the Web
Relevant Skills & Experience
- Advanced knowledge of grammar & spelling
- Advanced research
- Business communications
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Organization & time management
- Change management
- Time management
- Customer service
- Microsoft Office
- Open Office
- Mac Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite
- HTML & CSS
- Web design
Work & Volunteer Experience
Freelance Designer – Promotional Material for Annual Christmas Event 2010-2012
Alberta Union of Provincial Employees
- Designed and developed the event’s promotional materials, including tickets and posters using
industry-standard software (Adobe Photoshop).
- Exceeded client expectations and received verbal commendations for work.
Sales Associate 2008
Cotton Ginny Inc.
- Worked with a team of associates to maintain our location, assist customers and meet sales targets.
- Consistently exceeded my budget targets.
- Demonstrated exceptional teamwork through assisting other associates in meeting targets, along with
ensuring a quality customer experience.
Technical Support Agent 2005 – 2007
Dell Canada Inc.
- Provided front-line support for home and business product lines.
- Focused on resolving customer issues swiftly, with a low frequency of repeat issues.
- Consistently remained in the top five percent for base statistics.
Customer Service Representative 2003 – 2004
Boardwalk Rental Communities Inc.
- Managed rental suites. Showed and leased suites to prospective tenants.
- Assisted in filing applications and associated paperwork.
- Responsible for large monetary deposits into company accounts.
- Responsibilities included rental collections, general administration, data entry, and payroll functions.
The Garnet Necklace
- Wrote and edited a half-hour horror screenplay about a woman who is too in love.
- Completed and finalized second draft; work is in pre-production phase.
- Set to begin filming in fall of 2013.
For your convenience, I also have a PDF version of my résumé available.